Metcalf Group (SA) Pty Ltd accepts its moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, sub-contractors and visitors.
Metcalf Group (SA) Pty Ltd is committed to:
- ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards
- providing and maintaining safe systems of work
- eliminating hazards to the greatest extent possible
- establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of work-related injuries and illness
- providing and maintaining written procedures to comply with safety requirements
- providing relevant health and safety information, instruction, training and supervision to management, employees, sub-contractors and the publci as is necessary to ensure their safety
- consulting with workers on occupational health and safety issues
- providing support and resources to manager, supervisors and employees to help them fulfil their legal occupational health and safety duties, and holding them accountable for fulfilling them.
Metcalf Group (SA) Pty Ltd Management is responsible for:
- implementing this Safety Policy in their area of responsibility
- maintaining the workplace in a condition that is safe and without risks to health
- helping to develop, promote and implement health and safety procedures
- educating employees in understanding safety procedures
- immediately correcting any unsafe work behaviour from employees, sub-contractors or visitors.
Metcalf Group (SA) Pty Ltd Employees are responsible for:
- taking care of the health and safety of other people who might be affected by their work
- controlling and reporting and safety hazards they identify
- complying with all health and safety procedures, rules and safe systems of work.
- participating in the ongoing success of the safety management system and OHS in general
Metcalf Group (SA) Pty Ltd Sub-contractors are responsible for:
- providing their employees with written procedures and instructions, safety information, training and supervision to ensure health and safety
- ensuring their employees comply with relevant legislative and industry requirements
- ensuring their employees use relevant safety equipment
This Safety Policy applies equally to employees and sub-contractors when working on-site or at customers’ premises. Management fully endorse this Safety Policy and is responsible for ensuring it is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the Company.